Only Planet

One Child, One Year, One Planet. A family of three traveling around the world...

You can contact us at werkingwells (at) gmail . com

Monday, March 15, 2010

Opting out...


Yes, I've rediscovered blogging today. Don't ask why.

I CAN explain why I've been absent lately and it's your fault. Okay, maybe it's mine, but here's the deal. When I started this blog it was to share our travel adventures, but since travel isn't on our agenda as much these days (we are going to San Francisco next week)I felt like I was doing a bait and switch on you, dear readers. You signed up for one adventure, and I kept taking you someplace else. Seeing that so many of the readers of this blog were/are actual friends and family members, I figured you were too polite to object, while I felt guilty subjecting you to my rants and raves. Back in the day before blog readers, we tried to have updates to the blog automatically sent out to our readers, but that didn't work, so we ended up emailing each entry as it was written. This added to my spiraling feelings of guilt and bashfulness every time I updated the blog which became a vicious circle.

But today I came up with a brilliant solution. Offer the masses a chance to unsubscribe, opt out and be free of Only Planet. If you really want to continue reading my increasingly manic and prolific posts, you're more than welcome. But if you'd rather check out entirely, or sporadically check in to see what we're up to, I'd like to give you that option.

Okay, anyone left? Buckle up because it's going to be one hell of a ride from here on out...

To unsubscribe click here (it will open up a new email to only-planet+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com --just hit Send, and you'll be rid of these emails forever)
If you want to subscribe, or want to forward this to someone else who wants to subscribe, click here and it'll allow you to send an email to only-planet+subscribe@googlegroups.com

If, in the five years since Only Planet began, you've discovered blog readers and want to subscribe to our RSS feed, here are links to it: Atom RSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home