Only Planet

One Child, One Year, One Planet. A family of three traveling around the world...

You can contact us at werkingwells (at) gmail . com

Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's The Small Things

You don't have to leave the USA to yearn for the simple things from home.  A perfect bed, your favorite TV show and a clean bathroom.  I know I've been gone too long when all I want--monuments be damned--is a bathroom at least as tidy as my own.

You can imagine how thrilled I was today when I discovered the public bathrooms in Sweden.  I know it's kind of weird to write about it, but for 10 Swedish Kroner (about $1.42) we not only had an attendant assign us our own stall, but it was spotless.  Eat off the floor clean.


It looked like it had never been used



You can see polished floor


If only I knew I could take a shower, I would have brought my towel

While $1.42 seems outrageous in Scandinavia it was probably the best deal we've seen.  Everything is expensive here, and while Copenhagen has certain charms, we feel that we need to rush out of town before we are entirely broke.  In Denmark, Norway and Sweden I feel like I could be in Minnesota except I'm paying triple what a burger and fries would cost in St. Cloud.  The people, the scenery and the stores are all similar.  With the exception of some beautiful architecture, which I'll post some pictures of later, it doesn't feel that far from home. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home